Thursday, February 12, 2009

A SHOPPING SPREE in Hoi An Vietnam!

Okay...so most of you know that I'm in Vietnam. I've been here for 11 days....and have gone waaaaaaayyyy over my budget.......why may you ask??? I went on a shopping spree in Hoi An. Later in this post I'll list most of my major purchases for you to guess on the prices. Now I'll just talk about why I spent so much.

So ya'll know i live in Korea....well Korea...Canada it doesn't matter where I am, the clothes never fit me. Either the sleeves are too long, my chest is too big, the pants are too long, my calves are too skinny, or some other random thing that makes the clothes not fit properly and either results in my begging my mother to hem them, walking on the bottoms of my pants until they are ruined, rolling things up, showing off my breasts to innocent bystanders (my dress shirts have been known to gaps between the buttons exposing my beautiful bras for the world to see), wearing the item and hating it and never wearing it again, or just giving up and never buying the cute item at all (probably the better choice but rarely the one I choose). As such, I purposely made time in my oh so "busy" schedule to take a short trip to Hoi An....clothes making capital of Vietnam and a shopaholics paradise....or hell (I prefer the word paradise but my bank account prefers the word hell).

Upon arrival, I feasted my eyes upon store after store of shops whose sole purpose it is to make you clothes that make you happy. I arrived on Monday evening....I'm now leaving, 5 days later...on friday evening. Did I see many cultural heritage sites in this historical town? Ofcourse not...........I ... was shopping! I spoiled myself and I'm tickled PINK! well....I may also be pink from the sun....maybe half sun and half the excitement from shopping! Yah that works.

Now....I'm going to list my items that I have purchased...I'll give you a brief description and a chance to guesstimate the costs of each item. (You can just make a general guess if you wish...you don't have to guess every item.) Anyway...the person who is the closest is a champion and will get a highfive from me when I see you next!


1. 2 pairs of silk pants (one black/ one silver)
2. 1 short sleeve vietnamese design silver and blue shirt
3. 1 long sleeve ...... turquoise
4. 3 pairs of pants (all same price)
5. 2 silk dresses (wester style party dresses)
6. 3 regular anytime dresses (2 cotton/ 1 I have no idea)
7. 1 full slip/2 slip skirts
8. 2 pairs of knee-high boots (1 green silk/1 converse runner red-black paid style)
9. 1 pair burgundy ballet slippers
10. 5 pairs of beach flip-flops
11. 1 spring/summer kaki jacket
12. 1 wool winter coat
13. 2 best quality suits (1 brown- jacket, pants, and skirt/ 1 gray- jacket, pants)
14. 3 cotton skirts (knee length)
15. 2 t-shirts (little nicer than a t-shirt though)
16. 6 button-up dress shirts
17. 2 tieing 1/2 shirts (I have no idea wut to call these)
18. 3 short sleeve shirts
19. 1 long sleeve shirt
20. 2 cotton halter tops
21. 2 cotton tank tops
22. 5 hats
23. 7 necklaces
24. 5 pairs of earrings
25. 1 bracelet



Okay...that is the list of things that I purchased...essentially: a whole new TAILOR-MADE wardrobe....minus underwear and bras right? well....now its your turn to do some work.........how much do you think I spent? Better yet....how much would this have cost in Canada.....I will follow up with a subsequent post with the total amount at a later date.


Take care everyone....miss you all tonnes!!!

Love Annie

2 comments:

Why am I here??? said...

My guess you paid $2000. But in Canada it would have been more like $5000.........am I close?

Anonymous said...

About $400.00 CND?